Learn the Cyber security concepts from scratch with the Post Graduate Diploma in Cybersecurity course. During the course, the student will be familiar with cyber security landscapes and able to:
- Analyze and evaluate the cyber security needs of an organization.
- Determine and analyze software vulnerabilities and security solutions to reduce the risk of exploitation
- Identify factors driving the need for security
- Identify and classify particular examples of attacks
- Define the terms vulnerability, threat and attack landscape and mitigate
- Identify physical points of vulnerability in networks
- Compare and contrast symmetric and asymmetric systems and their vulnerability to attack, harden the environment to sustain the attack
What is Cyber Security ?
Cyber security is the body of technologies, processes and practices designed to protect networks, computers, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access. In a computing context, security includes both cyber security and physical security.
Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting systems, networks and programs from digital attacks. These attacks are usually aimed at accessing, changing, or destroying sensitive information; extorting money from users; or interrupting normal business processes.
Implementing effective cybersecurity measures is particularly challenging today because there are more devices than people and attackers are becoming more innovative.
John T. Chambers
Former Executive Chairman and CEO of Cisco Systems
“There are two types of companies: those that have been hacked, and those who don’t know they have been hacked”
Duration: 12 MONTHS (1 Year)
Fees: INR 1.25 Lac
Weekdays – 2 Hrs / 3 days a week
Weekends – 3 Hrs / Sat & Sun
Unit 1: Security Concepts & Mechanisms
Module 1: Networking Concepts Overview
Module 2: Information Security Concepts
Module 3: Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
Module 4: Cryptography
Module 5: Internet and Web Application Security
Module 6: Wireless Internet Security
Unit 2: Security Management
Module 1: Security Management Practices
Unit 3: Network Security
Module 1: Access Control and Intrusion Detection
Module 2: Server Management and Firewalls
Module 3: Security for VPN and Next Generation Networks
Unit 4: System and Application Security
Module 1: Security Architectures and Models
Module 2: System Security
Module 3: OS Security
- LIVE ONLINE SESSIONS CONDUCTED BY TRAINER AS PER FIXED ACADEMIC CALENDAR
- RECORDED VIDEO SESSIONS
- PRACTICAL SESSIONS ON LABS VIA REMOTE ACCESS
- ASSIGNMENTS & EXERCISES
Students who have successfully completed their course as per Terms and conditions will be eligible for the certification.
Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security certificate will be provided jointly by St. Xavier’s Technical Institute and L.A Bootcamps.
St. Xavier’s Technical Institute is affiliated to Directorate of Technical Education and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and autonomous institute.
- Diploma students (any stream)
- BE/BTech (Any stream) Studying or Passed out students
- Graduate (any stream ) Studying or Passed out students
- Working professionals in the IT & Tech sector
The cybersecurity industry remains a promising area of growth when it comes to career paths in tech and beyond. Remote work security risks, increasing ransomware attacks, and more all contributed to the increased need for cyber professionals. In fact, cybersecurity job postings saw a 65 percent increase during the pandemic.
According to an article by Business Standard, around 82% of Indian companies suffered a ransomware attack in 2020. Also, the cost of recovering from the impact of a ransomware attack in India tripled over the last year, going up from $1.1 million in 2020 to $3.38 million in 2021.
As the Indian government has been pushing to digitize the country, the enterprises too have rushed to digitize their processes and business operations. While this technological advancement has helped organizations to scale their business, it has also increased the risk of exposure to critical data and intellectual property theft. Ranging from cyber attacks on critical infrastructure to the new forms of the misuse of social media, India has been plagued by various cyber threats for years now.
India is in great need of cybersecurity specialists. As per reports from Business Insider India there will be 3.5 million cybersecurity jobs in India by 2025.
Here are some examples of IT security jobs in India, along with each job’s average wage per annum, according to Payscale.com:
- Chief information security officer – INR 2,233,247
- Security architect – INR 2,170,853
- Information security officer – INR 1,074,419
- Cybersecurity engineer – INR 617,865
- Security engineer – INR 608,312
- Information security analyst – INR 562,530
- Network security engineer – INR 535,415
- Cybersecurity analyst – INR 535,069
Other high-profile cybersecurity job roles in India include ethical hacker, incident manager and cybersecurity manager.
L.A Bootcamps will provide 100% Placement Assistance to all students who successfully complete the course and extend below complimentary placement services to the students:
- Resume Building assistance
- Career Mentoring with Industry Professionals
- Interview Preparation sessions
- Career Fairs
- Internship opportunities for Freshers